Thru My Viewfinder-
Sunday 17 January 2010

  Duty, duty, duty... A summary of the past month while on duty...

Here are some updates of happenings of the past month.

1. Well, on the National Service front, I've been on duty once every 2 weeks due to the lack of drivers. Each duty spans over a 7-day stretch (no, I can't even step out for nights out), which explains the lack of social activities that I have been involved in. I really can't wait till the new trainees who are currently on their driving course training to pass their tests and come back to share our burden. And yes, I'm actually blogging in camp right now. =/

2. Haus of Tiong (hereafter referred to as HoT, also previously known as St Jeff's Wiisky Bar) opened its doors to the CBB again a couple of weeks back. No, it wasn't a major public holiday. This time round, Jeff just wanted to declutter his house. And the intended "flea market" of sorts soon bloomed into a mahjong + Wii + steamboat get-together. A rough estimate at the peak of attendance saw at least 20 barflies and associates having fun.

Everyone had their fair share of fun, while many went home (or to other activities) happily with their fair share of loot. I went home with a sling bag, a backpack, a casual shirt, a denim jacket and a printer. Thanks so much Jeff! Special thanks to Casey as well, as he "choped" the printer earlier than me, but gave it up to me in the end (for whatever undisclosed reasons).

Needless to say, it was a really great night.

3. I guess the last highlight over the last month would be a good friend's birthday celebration. Those of you who have known me for many years would be well-informed that I used to game competitively. Through gaming, I got to know and become part of a very big family known as Icy. Words can never describe this group of friends, and through the last 9 years or so, the memories we have amassed are beyond comparison with any other friends that I have ever known.

So last Wednesday was the celebration of JJ's (aka Chong) 26th birthday. We started the night by meeting at 10pm at Zouk. Two and a half hours later, with the birthday boy almost "gone" (puking twice saved his life, I swear), we adjourned to a Thai disco at Clarke Quay. Hanged out till about 4+am before I left. The group picture we took at Zouk will be uploaded here when I book out! Heh.

It's been so long since I last saw so many Icy people gathered together. I had an enjoyable time catching up and hanging out with them. Despite being at two different types of nightspots (a club and a Thai disco) that I'm not that fond of, this group of friends were really great company. No matter where you go, the company is what matters the most, right? =)

Well, that's all that happened over the past month. I'll try to update on a more regular basis. And with my camp mate Nazree jumping on the blogging bandwagon now, I'm sure he'll haunt me if I don't blog often enough. Hahaha.

A parting quote for all of you. Yes, I actually realised that I haven't shared quotes for quite some time and I'm actually feeling guilty about it. Hahaha.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." - Thomas Jefferson, 3rd United States President (1743-1826)

So for those of you out there who have unfulfiled goals and dreams, remember, the first step to take will be to have the right thinking and mental attitude! This is actually a proven theory. Heh.

I'll read more and share more meaningful quotes as I come across them alright? Till then, see you! =)

Entry penned at 21:34
0 people left notes
Permalink

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

me

name: nick lee
alias: fizban/derelictz/solbadguy
dob: 12 jul
horoscope: cancer
NSF
freelance photographer
& video/film crew

loves

family
my biz
photography
reading
music
watching films
watching anime
hanging out with friends
chilling, gaming
community
  service/projects

wishes

financial freedom
to help people
nikon d3x/d3/d700
nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8
nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8
nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 vr
nikkor 24mm pc-e
carl zeiss 85mm f/1.4
3 x nikon SB-800/900
light modifiers
a new macbook pro
an imac/mac pro

plurk!

counter

hits

memories

March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
August 2010

links

personal





my works
differing perspectives

close friends
DestinyZoe
marilyn [butt]
rena
fangshiuan
sue

tangshooters
ronald [redsun]
nan li [kuantoh]

models
jerraine [mdfm]
elaine [teacher]
amanda pang
joanne claire
gillian
zylia
miyo
channelle
amanda yap [trelis]
hongling [redbells]
cheryl hee
joanna
zoe raymond
calista

schoolmates
vivian [shi hu]
caleb quek

friends
feer
nazree