Thru My Viewfinder-
Sunday 1 November 2009

  The weekend past

Cynthia, a friend of mine, invited me to crash the birthday chalet of her friend, Ariel, a.k.a. YY last weekend.

Since I had no other plans made, I thought, "Why not?" And I never regretted heading down to the chalet on Friday and Saturday, and staying overnight on both days. Made a few new friends and acquaintances there, and once again, I realised how small Singapore actually is. Everyone is connected in one way or another.

Anyway, I didn't bring my camera, so pictures will only come after Ariel uploads them (and provided she allows me to use some of them for my blog). Fingers crossed!

The party was a blast! I enjoyed myself thoroughly, even though I practically knew close to nobody there.

The most memorable highlights were the humongous cake and 21 cupcakes that Cynthia and Hongrui, her boyfriend, got for the birthday girl and the cake cutting session where the birthday girl got her "key to freedom". There was also a "guestboard", which was a black plastic art board for attendees to pen their well wishes. Another dedication board of sorts came in the form of the mirror and walls in the bathroom.

Since Ariel is still sort of nursing a heartbreak, I left her a quote that I got from a seminar I attended about a year ago on the bathroom's wall. I've previously shared it before I "restarted" my blog, and I'll share it again right now.

"A car's windshield is made larger than its rearview mirror for a reason. The future is more important! Don't look back, look forward!" - Kankan Battacharyya

I guess it's self explanatory enough? I'm glad that Ariel and Cynthia found it meaningful. Hopefully, the "Little Mermaid" recovers and stays cheerful ASAP. =)

On a separate note, I'm now nursing quite a nasty cold with a very "runny" nose. Cause of this predicament? I'll put it down to a medley of all of the following factors:
I just hope I'll get better by tomorrow morning. If I don't, I'll probably report sick in camp and pray that I don't have any details on Tuesday, as well as the in-camp MO feeling generous and giving me MC for a day or two.

One can hope and pray, can't he? Heh.

Entry penned at 21:52
0 people left notes
Permalink

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

me

name: nick lee
alias: fizban/derelictz/solbadguy
dob: 12 jul
horoscope: cancer
NSF
freelance photographer
& video/film crew

loves

family
my biz
photography
reading
music
watching films
watching anime
hanging out with friends
chilling, gaming
community
  service/projects

wishes

financial freedom
to help people
nikon d3x/d3/d700
nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8
nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8
nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 vr
nikkor 24mm pc-e
carl zeiss 85mm f/1.4
3 x nikon SB-800/900
light modifiers
a new macbook pro
an imac/mac pro

plurk!

counter

hits

memories

March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
August 2010

links

personal





my works
differing perspectives

close friends
DestinyZoe
marilyn [butt]
rena
fangshiuan
sue

tangshooters
ronald [redsun]
nan li [kuantoh]

models
jerraine [mdfm]
elaine [teacher]
amanda pang
joanne claire
gillian
zylia
miyo
channelle
amanda yap [trelis]
hongling [redbells]
cheryl hee
joanna
zoe raymond
calista

schoolmates
vivian [shi hu]
caleb quek

friends
feer
nazree