Thru My Viewfinder-
Sunday 1 November 2009

  On the personal imagery frontline [Part I]

Alright, so I've been serving my National Service since June, and that has kind of hindered my regular involvement in filmmaking and photography, on both professional and personal levels. But I still sit up and grab such opportunities as and when I come.

Some of you might have recalled that earlier this year, somebody actually referred me to Rick Chan, a then-newcomer to the filmmaking scene. I was approached by him to stand in for his original DOP (Director of Photography) for some scenes in his virginal film, titled "Summer of Impermanence". Following a spontaneous coffee session and quick recce of one of the locations, I agreed to help as I could tell from his mannerism that he was actually very passionate about what he's doing.

Anyway, production went relatively smoothly. I was reasonably satisfied with what I shot, and on 16th October 2009, the film was screened at a closed-door screening event as the opening film. For those who haven't caught the film, all I can offer you now is the trailer, which has actually been completed a long time ago. I'll see what plans Rick has for a wider pool of audience. Hopefully all of you out there will be able to watch it.

I tried linking the video and even after going through the source code and managing to finally link the video, it doesn't load on my blog due to privacy settings set by the person who uploaded. So the only way you'll be able to watch it is click on "Videos of Nick Lee" on my Facebook profile page. Sorry for the trouble!

For your information, I only shot a couple of scenes, namely some outdoor footage around Chinatown (which you won't really see in the trailer), and a "golden, warm-looking" room scene (which you'll catch a couple of glimpses in the trailer). Hope you enjoy the trailer!

Entry penned at 21:04
0 people left notes
Permalink

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

me

name: nick lee
alias: fizban/derelictz/solbadguy
dob: 12 jul
horoscope: cancer
NSF
freelance photographer
& video/film crew

loves

family
my biz
photography
reading
music
watching films
watching anime
hanging out with friends
chilling, gaming
community
  service/projects

wishes

financial freedom
to help people
nikon d3x/d3/d700
nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8
nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8
nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 vr
nikkor 24mm pc-e
carl zeiss 85mm f/1.4
3 x nikon SB-800/900
light modifiers
a new macbook pro
an imac/mac pro

plurk!

counter

hits

memories

March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
August 2010

links

personal





my works
differing perspectives

close friends
DestinyZoe
marilyn [butt]
rena
fangshiuan
sue

tangshooters
ronald [redsun]
nan li [kuantoh]

models
jerraine [mdfm]
elaine [teacher]
amanda pang
joanne claire
gillian
zylia
miyo
channelle
amanda yap [trelis]
hongling [redbells]
cheryl hee
joanna
zoe raymond
calista

schoolmates
vivian [shi hu]
caleb quek

friends
feer
nazree