Thru My Viewfinder-
Sunday 1 November 2009

  It's been a long, long while...

It's been soooooo long since I wrote and boy, do I have a lot of things to update. Ever since I enlisted, I have been putting off writing simply because I was tired, lethargic, procrastinating or a lack of focus in my train(s) of thought(s).

Well, I shall summarise most of the relatively trivial occurrences of the past 4 months before I come to those that I have more to write about.

National Service

Well, you guys do know that I enlisted in mid June. Since then, it's been a rollercoaster ride of sorts. Due to some admin lapses, I OOT-ed (Out Of Training) from BMT. Got posted to become a driver and completed my Military Class 4 License in approximately 7 weeks.

Just returned to my unit's MT Line less than 2 weeks ago, and most of my time has been spent clocking mileage before I can upgrade my driver category to Cat C2. Bah... Nothing much other than that.

Personal Life

Well, as the guys should know, been in NS means I don't really get so much a personal life. Anyway, most of the time, my weekends were spent heading to my regular darting joints to play darts - sometimes with friends, sometimes alone. Coffee at my ex-workplace was part of my weekend routine. But gone were the days of plonking down at my favourite chill out joint with my laptop, to edit photos and write, until recently.

Perhaps the most devastating thing that happened was that I lost my Harrows darts less than a month ago, along with 4-5 sets of flights, steel conversion tips, synthetic leather pouch and a miniature Cookie Monster plush which looks something like this -> I bought a new set of darts the very following day. A Puma Elite Signature Series [18g Tungsten Front Loader] darts. And guess what happens? I lost ONE single dart from the set on Friday, less than a month after I purchased it. Seriously, it was a very unfortunate event and I don't even want to talk about it anymore. Sigh.

As you can probably see, life after NS came into my life became extremely boring and dreary. Till date, 4.5 months have passed. And I still have about 19.5 months to go. How I wish time will fly through this period...

Updates on other happenings coming right up. Now, let me just shift these sad, depressing thoughts of my darts down. -.-'


R.I.P: 1x Puma Elite Signature Series 18g Front Loader dart

Entry penned at 19:02
0 people left notes
Permalink

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

me

name: nick lee
alias: fizban/derelictz/solbadguy
dob: 12 jul
horoscope: cancer
NSF
freelance photographer
& video/film crew

loves

family
my biz
photography
reading
music
watching films
watching anime
hanging out with friends
chilling, gaming
community
  service/projects

wishes

financial freedom
to help people
nikon d3x/d3/d700
nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8
nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8
nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 vr
nikkor 24mm pc-e
carl zeiss 85mm f/1.4
3 x nikon SB-800/900
light modifiers
a new macbook pro
an imac/mac pro

plurk!

counter

hits

memories

March 2009
April 2009
June 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
August 2010

links

personal





my works
differing perspectives

close friends
DestinyZoe
marilyn [butt]
rena
fangshiuan
sue

tangshooters
ronald [redsun]
nan li [kuantoh]

models
jerraine [mdfm]
elaine [teacher]
amanda pang
joanne claire
gillian
zylia
miyo
channelle
amanda yap [trelis]
hongling [redbells]
cheryl hee
joanna
zoe raymond
calista

schoolmates
vivian [shi hu]
caleb quek

friends
feer
nazree